Thursday, May 8, 2014

Choices.

Heading into last night's meeting, I knew who the next Town Councilor would be. I'm sure we all did. Perhaps that's one of the reasons no one felt the need to ask the candidates any questions about their backgrounds or experience.

Though I cast my vote for someone else, I look forward to the opportunity to serve with John Bentley. His experience will benefit the town in the coming months. 
 
For me, selecting the candidate who would receive my vote was a difficult decision to make. The people who threw their hats into the ring came from diverse backgrounds with varying levels of experience in Newmarket. I considered these factors before casting my vote.

I'm encouraged that six (yes, SIX!) fellow townspeople answered the call to serve. It gives me hope.

I urge the other candidates to continue to be involved. There are many ways to serve the community--both officially and unofficially. There are current vacancies on several boards in Town and there will be upcoming opportunities on the CIP committee and cable contract negotiations. But the most important thing you can do is attend meetings and be informed.

Learn more. Get involved. Participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment