Thursday, July 31, 2014

A little push.

This past Spring, community members came to the Town Council asking for the Council and the School Board to work together to find a solution for our school facilities. Now it's August and so far this hasn't happened. 

To be clear, it is my understanding that the Council chair and the School Board chair have had some meetings. But there has been no involvement from the Council at-large, no discussions with the Council, no public input from other council members and no updates from the chair during Council meetings. So to characterize any plans as a collaboration between the Council and the SB is simply incorrect. I respect Mr. Levy's opinion, but he is just one of seven and has neither asked for nor received any guidance from the Council as a whole.
 
I apologize and take my share of responsibility for this. When I initially heard that the Council chair and the School Board chair were meeting several weeks ago, I did ask for an update in one of our meetings but was provided with little information. And there has been nothing since. Being new to the Council, I chose not to push too much at the time.

Clearly it's time to push.

No comments:

Post a Comment