Thursday, July 26, 2012

Q & A

There have been a few questions raised about my last post and I would like to address them here.


1. Am I biased?


I will point you to the line under the blog title to answer that question. "One resident's thoughts about Newmarket politics." These are my thoughts, my opinions, my biases. I hope that clears it up.

2. Is the website Defending NH Public Education biased?


While I can't speak to what any organization believes or doesn't believe, I will again point you to the title of their website. My guess is that they are biased toward public education in NH, but I could be wrong.


3. How did DNHPE come up with these scores?


This is an important question and I thought it would be helpful to point out some of the votes that led us here. For example, Joshua Davenport voted in favor of lowering the dropout age, in favor of repealing universal kindergarten, in favor of repealing compulsory school attendance, and in favor of disbanding the Department of Education.


Adam Schroadter did also vote in favor of repealing universal kindergarten as well and to override the governor's veto to repeal comulsory school attendance. But I'm not sure if this is an accurate reflection of his score because he did not vote at all on many of the other bills mentioned above.

It's simple: Public education is important to me and I want people like Marcia Moody (who received an "A" from DNHPE) to represent me in Concord.





No comments:

Post a Comment