Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Electioneering

And just a couple other thoughts about my last post....

  • Handing out cards so that people would have information handy when they went into the voting booth is legal and, if I do say so myself, a pretty good idea. We need more informed voters. I would absolutely do it again.
  • Rallying around something you believe in and trying to gain support for it respectfully and in public, is every person's right. Let's elevate the conversation.
  • Newmarket Solutions has been and will continue to be appropriate and respectful in all of its publications and advocacy efforts.  
  • I don't think that the person(s) who complained to the AG was really trying to stop "electioneering" at the time it was happening. If they were, they would have reported it to the Moderator or to the police. Instead, they reported it to the AG, after the fact, in a blatant attempt to discredit Newmarket Solutions and me. 
I believe that it's healthy for members of a community to have differing viewpoints and important for us to be able to express them in a constructive forum. I urge everyone to attend meetings, write to the School Board, Town Council and other committees and begin an open dialogue about the many issues facing Newmarket. 

No comments:

Post a Comment