Thursday, January 10, 2013

Guns in the House.

I won't pretend to understand why some of our legislators feel the need to be armed on the House floor. The idea that they could potentially protect themselves or others from someone shooting from the gallery seems silly to me. I don't know a lot about guns, but I do know that you don't have to prove that you're a good shot to carry one. I'll have a 4th grader next year who will visit the State House and I would prefer that we leave the protection of him and his classmates to the professionals. (And there already is armed security, by the way, on the House floor.)

Representatives Michael Cahill, Patricia Lovejoy and Marcia Moody all voted to ban guns on the House floor. 
Adam Schroadter voted to allow guns on the House floor. 

Maybe you're for it, maybe you're against it. But at least now you know how your reps voted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment