Wednesday, March 5, 2014

I suddenly have a lot to say.

I've been busy and the blog has been quiet. But after last night's Candidates forum, I realized that I have a lot to say (again.) 

Some of the comments on facebook have suggested that I should be running for School Board rather then Town Council. The reason being that I care about the school so much. So, here goes:

  • Yes. I care about the school.
  • I think every leader in our town should care about the school as it will have a lasting impact on our community in the coming decades. It is the place where the greatest number of town residents gather in one place on most days, it operates with a substantial budget, and it is inextricably linked to issues such as economic development, infrastructure planning, development and more.
  • Caring about the school does not and has not stopped me from caring about other issues in our town. I care, and more importantly have worked to understand, our water issues, dam issues, road concerns and the economic issues facing our town. 
  • I resent the underlying sentiment that because I am a mom, I should serve on the School Board rather than the Town Council. I am a mom. But I am also a lot more. 

I look forward to March 11.


No comments:

Post a Comment