Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Rewrite: the CIP

Yesterday I started to write a long post about the Capital Improvement Program (CIP) that we have here in Newmarket. It was a dry post, focused on the what the CIP is, who the members are, etc. I knew it was missing something and it took me a while to realize the crux of why I was writing it.

Here's the thing: People have been talking for months about moving Newmarket forward and the CIP is focused on the future. It's all about saving for trucks and roads and buildings and (for the first time) school facilities. It's about our priorities and how, or if, we choose to fund them. 

Though I don't have details yet, there will be an opportunity for two community members to serve on the committee (this is new) and it seems like the perfect time to get involved.

I'll still publish the other post--it did have good information. But I don't want this message to get lost: Get involved. Help move Newmarket forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment