Friday, October 12, 2012

25 Days

HR 29 is a message to federal health care officials that they drop the mandate on contraception coverage.


There has been much debate on this topic. Some people see this as an attack on religious freedom but I believe that this is about health care, simple. I particularly like this explanation in an article on Jezebel.com: 

The specific medical care that a woman needs is between her and her doctor, and if human beings are covered by a medical plan, then human bodies should be covered by that medical plan, regardless of what we do with those bodies. Full stop. Also, kindly stop thinking so much about what I do with my body. It's creepy.

There's a simple mathematical formula I remember learning in school. If a=b and b=c, then a=c.

So if access to health care is a right, and contraception is health care, then shouldn't contraception be a right too?

Josh Davenport and Adam Schroadter both voted against this basic right.

No comments:

Post a Comment